JVAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mario Kart Wii Tournament [4/17]

5 posters

Go down

Mario Kart Wii Tournament [4/17] Empty Mario Kart Wii Tournament [4/17]

Post by Emessai Zeal Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:38 am

Aww yeyah' it's Mario Kart! M'kay, here's the G-Docs page:

[Mario Kart Wii Tournament Info]

That's most of the information. I'm going to try and fit our timeslot, so the maximum amount of people I can get will go on, depending on the amount of players, but it'll end up, no matter what, with a multiple of four after the first prelim.

So here are the main things you should note. I'm willing to budge on some of them provided reasonable evidence (please actually provide it, instead of just complaining about it AFTER the tournament, which is entirely unhelpful)

Characters
There won't be any banning of characters, since they don't add more than 8 to any stat, and no more than 6 to any stat besides weight. Use any character, any weight class, even Mii if you want. However I don't have outfit B. I've got everyone else.

Vehicles
No bikes because they'll drive circles around a kart user on most maps, especially on maps with tight drift since some bikes drift in instead of out. Their drawbacks really only make themselves apparent when in a large pack, where their weight plays a factor, and less-so their maneuverability.

Courses
This won't be disputed. Players in each match vote for retro or Wii courses, it's up to them, but the tiers will be as they are. I won't force you to do Rainbow road for finals, but damn I sure do recommend it!

Items
There are four item choices. Balanced won't work because then fourth place is the best place to be. Last lap, you could bust out a game winner bullet bill, or something of the like. That's ridiculous. Aggressive is fun, but it won't work for a tournament, items are still too potent. With Strategic (red/green shells, bananas, mushrooms, LOW chance of other stuff) you have offense, defense, and speed boosts. Most times only one of something shows up unless you're low-placed, so there's a low chance of one player taking everyone out, and mushrooms will allow you to catch up directly instead of just slowing down first place. I think this is best, because None (last option) is just dull with only four players. If I wanted no-items, I'd just have a Time Trial competition.

No CPUs
Durr.

Class
The faster we go, the more races I can do. HOWEVER, it also means getting hit by stuff or falling off the course is more detrimental. If there is a big issue here, I'm willing to change it as each engine class can change the game quite a bit. However, the finals will be the fastest engine class no matter what. Bring your A game to that shit. Also, I will not be doing 50cc no matter what. So the decision is between 100, 150, and mirror (which is the same speed as 150).

Special Note: I'm thinking of making the finals Mirror class for an added challenge. However, this is entirely up to you guys, I don't mind either way.

There's your info. If you have a grievance, voice it either here or to me directly if you want, but PLEASE don't just stay quiet then passive-aggressively mention how it's a horrible rule. That's not helpful.

Thanks in advance~
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

http://emessai.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart Wii Tournament [4/17] Empty Tournament Signup / Equipment List

Post by Emessai Zeal Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 am

Signups
- Todd S.
- Santi D.
-
David

Equipment List
- Wii (all unlocks), Wiimote + Nun. (x2), GC (x2), Wiimote Wheel - (Todd S.)
-

Note: If you can help out and bring a Wii that'd be great, but we need EVERY character and EVERY cart. Technically don't need all the bikes or Mii Outfit B. Just one of the Miis, in case people really want to use a Mii. Anything else you want to bring, just tell me or post it here.

Last edited by Emessai Zeal on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Mario Kart Wii Tournament [4/17] Empty Re: Mario Kart Wii Tournament [4/17]

Post by excelion Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:52 am

I won't force you to do Rainbow road for finals, but damn I sure do recommend it!

Someone give this man a medal.
excelion
excelion

Back to top Go down

Post by RagnaTheHungrySheep Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:17 am

i have to go to a wedding that day
RagnaTheHungrySheep
RagnaTheHungrySheep

https://facebook.com, gaiaonline.com, AIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiros Squall Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:57 am

hey cool, i think i'll sign up for that mario kart tournament. when and where is it going to take place? i can't seem to find that info. btw i don't know where play n trade is.
Hiros Squall
Hiros Squall

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:24 am

4/17 @ Play N Trade, probably @ 3pm again? We don't have a time yet as far as I know. And Play N Trade is on Colorado, just past Marengo.
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dayserking Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Yeah, it's gonna be from 3pm til' 7pm like last time. We already got the flyer out there =D
Dayserking
Dayserking
Admin
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Dayserking

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiros Squall Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:43 am

Hey guys, just wondering if the tournament is still underway later today. i couldn't attend the meeting on thursday so i just want to make sure if it's still going on.
thanks
Hiros Squall
Hiros Squall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down