JVAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen?

+4
anacreon1
sabrinakimba
Ikuto
Hiros Squall
8 posters

Go down

what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? Empty what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen?

Post by Hiros Squall Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:21 am

heya guys! i know you all love anime and such, since you ARE in JVAC after all, but not all anime are created equal. there are some truly horrendous stuff out there. some are so bad it's funny, while some are so bad it's....BAD!!! what are some bad anime you guys have seen?

now let me be straight. just because you dont LIKE a certain anime series doesn't mean it's bad. it just means it doesn't suit your tastes. For example: i didn't like full metal alchemist, code geass, or k-on! but nearly all my friends who watched them loved them. Be sure to add a reason why it's bad!

When i mean bad i mean:
bland/generic characters who don't stick stick out, poorly written script, cheap animation, half hearted voice acting and so on.

i'll start things off with akikan! why is it bad? because the whole concept and mere thought of producing this anime was ludicrous! here's a short synopsis:
Daichi Kakeru, your typical perverted main character with an overly huge innuendo, drinks a can of melon soda. after drinking said soda can, a beautiful girl pops out. apparently she needs daichi's "kiss" in order to have magic powers. why does she need magic powers? because now they're apart of this tournament between other soda can girls (yes these girls come out of cans, i dont know why, apparently the secret organization felt it best to hide them there). why is the tournament being held? because they want to find out which is the better can , aluminum or steel. so they're having this tournament to decide which type of can is better...well i dont know, i just saw the first episode and read the story synopsis, and that was what i could get out of it. usually i like to give a series the benefit of the doubt, because the second episode might be better, but noooo it didn't. the animation actually took a drop...after the first episode! this series is only about 12 episodes long too. the story got even more ridiculous when they were telling the backstory of the main character in episode 2.
there was a kidnapping...here's how daichi saves the day
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? Akikan10
[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? Akikan11
[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? Akikan13
]/img]
i dont need to say what's wrong with this image here.
well anyways, that's why i think akikan is bad. it has a bad story, lame characters and bad animation.
If you dont think this is a bad anime series feel free to defend it!
Hiros Squall
Hiros Squall

Back to top Go down

what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? Empty Re: what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen?

Post by Ikuto Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:34 am

Gundam Seed Destiny after episode 30. Not only did they suddenly shift the main character spotlight off of Shinn to Kira (there wasn't really a reason to do so but the director's wife was a Kira fangirl) but he was also causing chaos on the battlefield and some unnecessary deaths (ie. Heine and Stellar, though Kira can only be partly blamed for Heine's death). There's also the fact that, while it was awesome, the debut of Strike Freedom was also the debut of Kira "Jesus" Yamato as the practically wasn't really touched after that (aside from Shinn and Rey almost double team raping him until Athrun came in with the Infinite Justice) and he'd be god-raping everyone with the same move (Lock-on and spam beams). Oh also low budget didn't help this anime as they had reused a lot scenes and angles off Gundam Seed.
Ikuto
Ikuto

Back to top Go down

what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? Empty Re: what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen?

Post by Hiros Squall Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:37 pm

hmm... my memory from gundam seed destiny isn't very good (gundam 00 is still on my mind) but didn't the story put shinn and his group as the bad guys? i like how the story shifts back to the original characters from the first gundam seed, though i don't really remember why. maybe the studio was paying homage to an older gundam series.
i gotta admit...i didn't start getting interested in this series until kira came back. maybe because he became so badass all of a sudden. the freedom gundam piloted by kira was crazy. i lol'd the first time he shot a dozen mobile suits upside down, destroying the heads and arms with pin point accuracy, while not killing anyone at the same time. what's lame about it is that they reuse those shots alot. it got crazy when they pitted shinn and kira together. at first i liked shinn but i ended up rooting for kira instead. it's my opinion, but i didn't really like the new characters introduced in destiny, i.e the ZAFT people. i believed it was necessary for kira to "kill" stellar and heine so that shinn was motivated to hate kira and fight at his best.
i don't think gundam seed destiny was a bad anime, maybe just too much fanservice and odd story choices.

Last edited by Hiros Squall on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Hiros Squall
Hiros Squall

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrinakimba Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:41 pm

Vampire Knight. For Sure.
sabrinakimba
sabrinakimba

https://www.facebook.com/marylsowders

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiros Squall Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:02 pm

sabrinakimba wrote:Vampire Knight. For Sure.

lol why's that? i've never seen it, but it looked interesting.

Last edited by Hiros Squall on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Hiros Squall
Hiros Squall

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrinakimba Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:14 pm

Well, for me, they make it out to be this badass anime/manga and all, but it really is just some over used love triangle story of some dumb chick who has the HARD decision of picking two hot dudes who never smile and or course are vampires. Them it turns out there's like incest love in it and I was al "...done.". This is all my opinion BTW, I respect if people out there like it.
sabrinakimba
sabrinakimba

Back to top Go down

Post by anacreon1 Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:08 pm

anything that 4kids touches
actually the animes them selves are good but they f up the dubbing and alter and butcher the stuff
anacreon1
anacreon1

Back to top Go down

Post by victorraven13 Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:23 pm

personally for me its Beserk; best manga worst anime look up its outtakes and you'll laugh your ass off.
victorraven13
victorraven13

https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.schauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:43 am

Hiros Squall wrote:hmm... my memory from gundam seed destiny isn't very good (gundam 00 is still on my mind) but didn't the story put shinn and his group as the bad guys? i like how the story shifts back to the original characters from the first gundam seed, though i don't really remember why. maybe the studio was paying homage to an older gundam series.
i gotta admit...i didn't start getting interested in this series until kira came back. maybe because he became so badass all of a sudden. the freedom gundam piloted by kira was crazy. i lol'd the first time he shot a dozen mobile suits upside down, destroying the heads and arms with pin point accuracy, while not killing anyone at the same time. what's lame about it is that they reuse those shots alot. it got crazy when they pitted shinn and kira together. at first i liked shinn but i ended up rooting for kira instead. it's my opinion, but i didn't really like the new characters introduced in destiny, i.e the ZAFT people. i believed it was necessary for kira to "kill" stellar and heine so that shinn was motivated to hate kira and fight at his best.
i don't think gundam seed destiny was a bad anime, maybe just too much fanservice and odd story choices.

It wasn't exactly necessary to kill Stellar as Shinn had calmed her down and she only went psycho again when Kira popped in front of her again in the Freedom. Either way though, Stellar was going to die because she wouldn't have gotten the medicine she needs to survive. I didn't like how they made Shinn and ZAFT out to be bad in the end when in all honesty ZAFT was actually the good guys for once and Earth Alliance was the bad. Orb just had some stuck up idea that Durandal was wrong even though he is technically just trying to make life better for everyone on Earth and in space. Granted he did try to nuke anyone opposing them with the Requiem and Neo Genesis, not like Earth Alliance didn't nuke the ZAFT Plant Colonies with the Requiem.
Ikuto
Ikuto

Back to top Go down

Post by SkySorrenX Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:53 am

victorraven13 wrote:personally for me its Beserk; best manga worst anime look up its outtakes and you'll laugh your ass off.

ah, I know how you feel man. Same w/ Gantz and certain animes that follow the manga but steer clear away from it towards the end. Take for example, Claymore, it seemed an alrite anime, but the steering away towards the end made me rage. Some anime that don't follow the manga are good. It's just types like these made me rage.
SkySorrenX
SkySorrenX

https://www.facebook.com/SojoroXSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiros Squall Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:41 am

sabrinakimba wrote:Well, for me, they make it out to be this badass anime/manga and all, but it really is just some over used love triangle story of some dumb chick who has the HARD decision of picking two hot dudes who never smile and or course are vampires. Them it turns out there's like incest love in it and I was al "...done.". This is all my opinion BTW, I respect if people out there like it.

lol at the "HARD decision of picking two hot dudes who never smile" part. Reminds me of fruits basket.
incest love eh? sounds interesting... i should wiki that part to see what happened...

Last edited by Hiros Squall on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Hiros Squall
Hiros Squall

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiros Squall Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:45 am

anacreon1 wrote:anything that 4kids touches
actually the animes them selves are good but they f up the dubbing and alter and butcher the stuff

MY GOD! that is so true! they absolutely butchered one piece and pokemon!!!

Last edited by Hiros Squall on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Hiros Squall
Hiros Squall

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:18 am

They butcher anything and everything, look at Yu-Gi-Oh.
Ikuto
Ikuto

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicLordLaharl Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:47 pm

I was fine with one piece until I heard Robin's voice then I wanted to kill someone
DemonicLordLaharl
DemonicLordLaharl

http://www.un-wiredtv.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiros Squall Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:29 pm

hey guys, here's a treat for ya all. i found some images of poorly added scenes in certain anime. it's actually not uncommon for studios to redo certain scenes (dvd releases for example), because of time constraints, but boy oh boy do first time impressions leave a mark.
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 23255_10[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 26724_10[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 34900_10[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 43272_10[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 43282_10[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 53964_10[/img]

[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 30076_10[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 30077_10[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 30080_10[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 30078_10[/img]
[img]what are some of the WORST anime you've ever seen? 26746_10[/img]
Hiros Squall
Hiros Squall

Back to top Go down

Post by sabrinakimba Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:12 pm

Also the Fruits Basket anime was pretty lame to, which disappointed me a lot.
sabrinakimba
sabrinakimba

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiros Squall Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:35 pm

sabrinakimba wrote:Also the Fruits Basket anime was pretty lame to, which disappointed me a lot.
haha that's cool, but i liked fruits basket. the only things i didn't like bout it was Ritsu's english voice (the voice actor must have had it rough) and the ending (which wasn't canon in the manga). yeah so who cares if the Soma family didn't use their animal powers to their full potential, i thought it was pretty good. personally i think fruits basket is one of the better shoujo anime out there.

Last edited by Hiros Squall on Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Hiros Squall
Hiros Squall

Back to top Go down

Post by lostangel Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:40 am

hey hiros mind changing your font color? can't see anything right now, i don't want to have to edit every one of your posts

lostangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hiros Squall Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:44 am

lostangel wrote:hey hiros mind changing your font color? can't see anything right now, i don't want to have to edit every one of your posts
hm? you mean my black font? well i have this problem when i type a reply, i can't see anything cause the white font meshes with the white background. sorry bout that, i guess i'll change to blue or rehi-light everything into white.

Hiros Squall
Hiros Squall

Back to top Go down

Post by lostangel Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:12 am

well just type everything in black while in the reply box, and then change everything to white after you are done
or just take advantage of the quick reply box, it is defaulted to white font

lostangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down