JVAC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halo Reach Discussion

+2
anacreon1
Emessai Zeal
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Halo Reach Discussion Empty Halo Reach Discussion

Post by Emessai Zeal Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:01 am

OMG Halo Reach~ So as some or most of you know, I'm not
really that big of a Halo fan. However! After watching this

and this

I'm seeing somethings I like. And... so far? Nothing I don't. Which is surprising. However, it's also a video intended to showcase awesomeness, so who knows. In the mean time, for those of you who hate, and those of you who love Halo, let us discuss your impressions, expectations, and predictions for Halo Reach.

Last edited by Emessai Zeal on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

http://emessai.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach Discussion Empty Re: Halo Reach Discussion

Post by anacreon1 Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:05 am

todd your links are broken and my god the bg is the same color of the text again.
anacreon1
anacreon1

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:13 am

Fix't~ Thanks.
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Syntarsis Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:22 am

ima rape all of you
Syntarsis
Syntarsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:59 am

I'm sure you will. I didn't know you were a Halo fan. Surprised
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ikuto Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:59 am

Can't wait until the beta in May. Going to give the DMR (or was it DAR?) a try and see if it's better of the BR is still better.
Ikuto
Ikuto

Back to top Go down

Post by Syntarsis Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:01 am

Ikuto wrote:Can't wait until the beta in May. Going to give the DMR (or was it DAR?) a try and see if it's better of the BR is still better.

DMR...
Syntarsis
Syntarsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:25 am

The BR is better, or, it better be. That's the idea behind the gun, most people agree the BR is OP, so the DMR will incorporate the same ideals behind the BR without its extreme proficiency. Accuracy, range, but the DPS will probably be lower. If the DMR can do exactly what the BR did, I'll be immediately disappointed in this game.
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by lostangel Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:27 am

DMR is most likely better, since with single shot, it is more accurate
and it seems like sweep sniping is back, to some extend
but yea todd you are crazy to not like anything

lostangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Syntarsis Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:29 am

Emessai Zeal wrote:The BR is better, or, it better be. That's the idea behind the gun, most people agree the BR is OP, so the DMR will incorporate the same ideals behind the BR without its extreme proficiency. Accuracy, range, but the DPS will probably be lower. If the DMR can do exactly what the BR did, I'll be immediately disappointed in this game.

With reticule bloom I doubt it.
Syntarsis
Syntarsis

Back to top Go down

Post by lostangel Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:32 am

DMR is half a sniper, so chances are you can just do 2 shot to the head and have a kill
btw what's an OP?

lostangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Syntarsis Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:34 am

lostangel wrote:DMR is half a sniper, so chances are you can just do 2 shot to the head and have a kill
btw what's an OP?
overpowered
Syntarsis
Syntarsis

Back to top Go down

Post by lostangel Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:35 am

oh, for a moment i considered the possibility that he is saying awp

lostangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:51 am

Nah, the reason it exists instead of the BR, as far as I can surmise, is due to complaints about the BR. But I'm not scouring the entire Bungie forums to confirm that, and will go with their own word.

In any case, accuracy is one thing, and sweep sniping is fine, but this gun isn't supposed to be a death-rifle. Along with that, there's no way the DMR will be a 2-shot kill. That'd be ridiculous, completely ridiculous. The BR isn't even that powerful. The DMR isn't "half sniper", it's just a straight firing single shot rifle, I'm pretty sure it has no where near the power of a sniping rifle.

It'll STILL be the kill-steal rifle though. Hopefully Halo Reach will have less AR.... Beat down... respawn... Repeat ad nauseum.
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Syntarsis Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:54 am

Emessai Zeal wrote:Nah, the reason it exists instead of the BR, as far as I can surmise, is due to complaints about the BR. But I'm not scouring the entire Bungie forums to confirm that, and will go with their own word.

In any case, accuracy is one thing, and sweep sniping is fine, but this gun isn't supposed to be a death-rifle. Along with that, there's no way the DMR will be a 2-shot kill. That'd be ridiculous, completely ridiculous. The BR isn't even that powerful. The DMR isn't "half sniper", it's just a straight firing single shot rifle, I'm pretty sure it has no where near the power of a sniping rifle.

It'll STILL be the kill-steal rifle though. Hopefully Halo Reach will have less AR.... Beat down... respawn... Repeat ad nauseum.

The amount of people who liked the BR overshadows the people who hate it. The DMR is assumed to be similar to the BR, in terms of hits to kill (3~4) That's, or was, the general consensus for a while.
Syntarsis
Syntarsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:57 am

Is that so? Well I'll take your word for it, but Bungie mentioned the argument, and said the DMR had something to do with creating a resolution. Either way, if the DMR is to be as potent as the BR, then the other guns also need to be potent. The AR was shit. They got rid of dual wielding, so hopefully that leaves room for every gun they make to have some usefulness and the DMR won't just dominate like the BR does in Halo 3.
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Syntarsis Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:59 am

Emessai Zeal wrote:Is that so? Well I'll take your word for it, but Bungie mentioned the argument, and said the DMR had something to do with creating a resolution. Either way, if the DMR is to be as potent as the BR, then the other guns also need to be potent. The AR was shit. They got rid of dual wielding, so hopefully that leaves room for every gun they make to have some usefulness and the DMR won't just dominate like the BR does in Halo 3.

It's all speculation as of right now, there really isn't anything to rely on.
Syntarsis
Syntarsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:01 am

Of course, so let me phrase it in the form a suggestion: instead of having the DMR dominate, it should be an option for the marksman (such as yourself), just as the AR should be equally viable when being faced down by multiple enemies, or enemies who are closer, or moving faster; the idea should be to have several weapons with different applications, rather than a hierarchy. So, this is about the idea, not about how it will be (though I hope it will be this way).

Also, you can just quick reply me y'know. xD
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Syntarsis Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:12 am

Emessai Zeal wrote:Of course, so let me phrase it in the form a suggestion: instead of having the DMR dominate, it should be an option for the marksman (such as yourself), just as the AR should be equally viable when being faced down by multiple enemies, or enemies who are closer, or moving faster; the idea should be to have several weapons with different applications, rather than a hierarchy. So, this is about the idea, not about how it will be (though I hope it will be this way).

Also, you can just quick reply me y'know. xD

Eh, I'm used to quoting.

It's always been a hierarchy within halo, as long as weapons are based on pick up. Bungie tried to solve this with BR/shit tier weapons start ups and that helped a bit, except power weapons were always an issue. Honestly though I wouldn't mind having choice set ups but I wouldn't really care what they do as long as it's not IW shit.
Syntarsis
Syntarsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:23 am

Unreal Tournament does just fine making weapon balance without a hierarchy and is entirely pick-up based, but I see your point. I'm still remaining firm on the idea of every gun being worthwhile. Grenade + DMR should still be awesome, but it'd be nice to be able to use an automatic weapon to go through two people, or at least take out one and damage the other. That way, it makes some sense to use the AR over the DMR in certain situations. Tha's all I'm asking for, because I think equipment will satisfy some of my other concerns.
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Syntarsis Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:39 am

Emessai Zeal wrote:Unreal Tournament does just fine making weapon balance without a hierarchy and is entirely pick-up based, but I see your point. I'm still remaining firm on the idea of every gun being worthwhile. Grenade + DMR should still be awesome, but it'd be nice to be able to use an automatic weapon to go through two people, or at least take out one and damage the other. That way, it makes some sense to use the AR over the DMR in certain situations. Tha's all I'm asking for, because I think equipment will satisfy some of my other concerns.
UT was actually balanced, lol. The way halo weapons are they're... meh. Well for me I'm totally fine since I kill everyone but... yeah.
Syntarsis
Syntarsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:27 am

Yea, that's what I said, UT was balanced. :/

Yea, you're fine since you kill everyone, but I'm sure even you can see the potential for a better game if more of the weapons were actually viable killing options.
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by victorraven13 Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Keeping elites out everything but Invasion seems sorta silly; balance issues aside.
victorraven13
victorraven13

https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.schauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Well tentatively I like it that way. Here's the way I see it:

Elites in Halo 3 are irrelevant, except for the headshot hitbox. They're basically skins + different hitbox, nothing else. Now they'll actually serve a different play style; they're larger, and probably have a bigger shield to compensate for lower health (?), as well as more speed. Now, assuming they can't balance that in Slayer (which would be odd), it's still fine because playing both sides would present different advantages (or even less for the Spartans given their advantageous position), and Slayer would remain entirely balanced.

So either way, I'm quite fine, I don't feel like Elites need to have a huge MP presence. Regardless, I'm pretty sure that's not how it is. I'm actually going to post up a conversation I had between Kelly (from my HS) and Taylor (from the club) where we discussed Reach for like an hour. Check it out if you want, but its relevance to this that the first thing in the video is a blue elite, and then a red elite, which implies that they'll be on team-based things, given that Invasion seems to have its colors set as Purple vs. Sage; whether or not its Spartans vs. Elites only isn't entirely certain.
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by victorraven13 Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:41 am

uh so an arena thats ether ONLY elites or ONLY spartans; thats fine I think.
I was mostly just talking about the balance and how it seemed fine and thus there being no reason to NOT include the option. Lest in my opinion.
The skulls things seems like it might be a tad to odd... dunno feels silly.
Invasion looks the funest.
victorraven13
victorraven13

https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.schauer

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:34 pm

Ooh I like the idea of Headhunter. I can see how it seems silly though, with random flaming skulls popping out of your dead body. But if it's what the analysis video thinks it is, I think it'll be fun. It's like Steal the Bacon, if you've ever played that game. Everyone has a buncha' stuff and you steal it and bring it back to your spot, and you're trying to get the most bacon (stuff). Assuming you actually get to "deposit" your skulls, it'll be a gamble to hunt around for kills, but also the only way you'll win. But who knows what it has to do with headshots, maybe headshots are the only way to get skulls, and if you die from a non-headshot you might not drop all your skulls?

So much possibility. But yea Invasion does seem pretty fun, it's good to see Halo with some actually interesting gametypes, instead of the basic stuff it's had before, though I do like Oddball.
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Syntarsis Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:48 pm

Emessai Zeal wrote:Ooh I like the idea of Headhunter. I can see how it seems silly though, with random flaming skulls popping out of your dead body. But if it's what the analysis video thinks it is, I think it'll be fun. It's like Steal the Bacon, if you've ever played that game. Everyone has a buncha' stuff and you steal it and bring it back to your spot, and you're trying to get the most bacon (stuff). Assuming you actually get to "deposit" your skulls, it'll be a gamble to hunt around for kills, but also the only way you'll win. But who knows what it has to do with headshots, maybe headshots are the only way to get skulls, and if you die from a non-headshot you might not drop all your skulls?

So much possibility. But yea Invasion does seem pretty fun, it's good to see Halo with some actually interesting gametypes, instead of the basic stuff it's had before, though I do like Oddball.

It's probably HS only but yeah, flaming skulls popping out everywhere. Hilarious~
Syntarsis
Syntarsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:07 pm

What do you think about them removing dual wielding? It seemed pretty damn underused in the first place, but I had fun with it. :/ I know why they did it, and such, but what do you guys think?
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Syntarsis Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Emessai Zeal wrote:What do you think about them removing dual wielding? It seemed pretty damn underused in the first place, but I had fun with it. :/ I know why they did it, and such, but what do you guys think?

Dual wielding was pretty bleh, imo. 2x scopin' magnum>dual wielding
Syntarsis
Syntarsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Emessai Zeal Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:58 pm

I loved dual wielding, but only in Duals-only. Because everything else outclassed it. I agree with that, but what I'm saying is that means they have to replace a nifty few weapons right? All the Brute weapons and such. The Mauler and Spiker specifically. I know the Plasma Pistol/Rifle are still in the game without dual-ness.
Emessai Zeal
Emessai Zeal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next